It is vitally important that the autoclave is being properly operated and maintained on a daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance schedule. If the autoclave is not cleaned regularly, dirt and debris will build up and clog the tubing and solenoid valves. This dirt can also be transmitted to the instruments during sterilization. In addition, a layer of dirt on the stainless steel chamber traps moisture against the metal and will lead to the chamber becoming porous and failing (reference pg. 46 in the manual).
- Autoclave cleaning instructions. We recommend Tuttnauer Chamberbrite for cleaning your autoclave.
- Distilled water is required by your autoclave. This removes all impurities that could be transmitted to your tools. We recommend these water distillers to save you money.
Please follow the steps in the user manual & videos linked below for proper installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting guidelines.
Here are some common issues:
- Water quality: (pg. 12)
- Description of displayed messages and safety measures: (pgs. 19-21)
- Installation instructions: (pg. 28)
- Filling water reservoir: (pg. 31)
- Preparation before sterilization: pgs. (32-34)
- Operating instructions: (pgs. 35-36)
- Maintenance instructions: (pgs. 38-48)
- Troubleshooting guide: (pgs. 49-52)
You can find helpful instructional videos and pdfs by Tuttnauer that show you how to properly install, operate, and maintain your Tuttnauer Autoclave on their website.
Additional videos, PDFs and more on cleaning and care.